Art for All at Artsplosure – The Raleigh Arts Festival
Artsplosure is committed to making its festivals welcoming, accessible, and enriching to all people, including people with disabilities.
The festival is free-to-the-public and presented in a centrally located and accessible location in the heart of the city. Artsplosure offers a wide variety of art and educational programs to satisfy a large range of audience interests. To ensure that all members of the community can experience high quality art, the festival will offer the following services for people with disabilities:
- The festival will take place along Fayetteville and its side streets, which are fully accessible for people with limited mobility. This City of Raleigh-owned property complies with all ADA recommendations and design standards.
- The festival’s designated accessible drop off and entry point will be located on the south side of City Plaza, adjacent to the Marriott Hotel traffic circle, on Fayetteville Street. The City will have all other street entry points barricaded with large trucks, and this location is convenient with easy ingress and egress.
- The juried Art Market will open an hour early at 10 a.m. on Sunday, October 10, for those who require longer to access the festival experience.
- Assistive listening devices, audio description, and sign language interpretation will be provided, if requested by audience members at least seven business days in advance.
- Kidsplosure arts and craft activities are especially designed to be fun and enriching for everyone.